Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

NEW LUSTER PAPER

I only bought the Glossy II professional paper. However, the new printer came with a sample pack of Luster style paper. Well, the difference between the glossy and luster was quite amazing. The luster paper gives greater  3-D affect and contrast, whereas the darks are a noticable darker and the lights/bright the same. I was very impressed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: NEW LUSTER PAPER

Agree. Photo Paper Glossy II is not up to professional grade IMHO.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

NEW LUSTER PAPER

Hoffman, I wish I could exchange the Glossy photo II paper for the luster. I have over $500 invested in the Glossy II professional.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

NEW LUSTER PAPER 3

Hoffman, you gave me  Mitzvah when you answered my call for help on the printer. Thank you again. Shalom to you

I did indeed get my new Pro-100 pixma pro printer from Canon using the rebate you sent me. I bought it from B and H, in NYC, which I already new this company from living in NYC years ago. I remember this company in 1979. Thank you again. The prints are beautiful and love the Luster. However, I cannot justify spending more money for other paper, when I have this left.  I will offer others, if they want the luster paper, they will have to buy it personally and give a few sheets of it to be for their print.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: NEW LUSTER PAPER

One thing to try with the glossy ii.

Change the paper selection to Photo Paper Pro Platinum. I think the real problem with the Glossy II is the profile.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

NEW LUSTER PAPER Photo Paper Pro Platinum selection

So I change the paper selection to: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, when using the Glossy II paper?  The quality will be better?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

INK 3nd party?

There are a few high quality 3rd party ink non canon. I have found 2 but both are not longer suppliers. Have you find another INK source , high quality , which will be non harmfull to the CANON?   THese ink cartridges at these prices of $20.00 plus becomes more expensive than the cost of the printer

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: INK 3nd party?

Yes. Select Photo Paper Pro Platinum and print with that paper type. 

I only use Canon ink, so I have no direct recommendation, but Precision Color inks get good comments from users on the web. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have only used Canon INK as well. PRECISION INK  do you have a link? through amazon or private company?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Can’t post a link since it’s a company that sells, but go to precisioncolor dot com. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH