cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest firmware pro 10

zuru
Contributor

In the Canon website, there is a firmware update utility dated 12/19, firmware version 1.11

When I run the utility, I get the following message:

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 1.01.12 PM.png

I don't understand this, it says that my printer has firmware 2.001 (it was bought ~2 years ago). Is this correct? If so, why would Canon publish that utility to firmware 1.110?

What is actually the latest firmware version for this printer?

thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The site contains this statement:

"This updater will upgrade your printer's firmware to version 1.110. To perform this upgrade, a USB cable and a computer are needed. If your printer's firmware version is already 1.110 or later,the update is not necessary. To check your printer's firmware version, refer to the Update Procedure included in the downloaded file."

Since your version is stated as 2.001 no update is required.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,  (Edit, went for coffee)...

Note the product support site does state, "If your printer's firmware version is already 1.110 or later, the update is not necessary"

I have no way of verifying what FW version your product shipped with.

Canon could push a FW update to a product with internet access. If you never updated it, its possible it shipped with v2.x as well.

But I believe I have a better theory.

With the release of Catalina, many manufacturers have scrambled to get upgraded drivers and/or FW avaialble for their products.  The 12/19 date coinsides with the massive number of updates Canon released the end of last year for Catalina.

To confirm, its probably best to contact Canon.  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

I don't see anything later than v1.11 available which is probably the minimum required FW for the device with the currently supported windows and MAC OS's.  Only a guess of course, but I bet this is correct.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Or.... visit your My Canon Account for personalized support options at canon.us/account

Once you register your printer there, you'll see all your support options available, including firmware and other software downloads as well as your live support options. 

Thanks, your theory sounds plausible.

I still wonder why advertise an old firmware and not the 2.XXX that my printer reports....

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
OP’s screenshot says current version 2.001.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Based on posts on the Forum a few years ago 2.001 is what is currently shipping, but Canon hasn't released it as an update. Maybe differences in components in later printers.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements