cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got the Pro 10 colors are completely off

JenL256
Contributor

I previously owned the Canon Pro 9500 II, loved it, colors matched my screen perfect. Prints from my photo lab also match monitor and Pro 9500 prints. 

The print head died on me, so I decided to upgrade to the Pro 10 and now I'm completely frustrated. Tried printing some photos and the colors are different and much darker. Using the same paper and settings as before.

The bigger problem, I use my printer for graphics works too and the colors are not even close. A few of the designs look passable, but others are completey different. Colors look fine on my monitor and other devices and printed on the Pro 9500 II as I see them on the screen. But, on the Pro 10, they're way off. Aqua now looks blue, neon green is printing a dark kelly green, red looks darker, etc. I'm using Epson Prestation Paper (only coated thin paper I've found) on the 9500, I would use the setting for Matte Paper standard quality with excellent results. Tried Matte Paper and also plain paper settings on the pro 10 and can't get them to look right.

I know the colors were fine before, never had a customer complain, but now nothing matches. I've upgraded printers before and there's always subtle differences in the print quality but this isn't even close.

Any suggestions? FYI, I'm using Paint Shop Pro X6 to print.

30 REPLIES 30

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download the test image from here: http://outbackprint.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Don't make any exposure/color adjustments, just open the image and print.

Since there are many "truth" colors and images in the image you can judge if there is something wrong with the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I've printed that test photo. The greens in the 2 color charts look light on my screen (like a lime green), but on the print they come out dark (like kelly green). The blues look blue on screen, but print more purple. The strawberries on screen are a nice bright red, but print a very dull red.

For example color is lime (r=0, g=255, b=0)

I printed the image on the left with the 9500 II, color on the screen looks like a light green and also prints that way. The image on the right was printed on the Pro 10, same file, same settings and prints much darker. Sorry for the bad pic, it actually looks even darker in person, but it's definitely not printing as a light green color.

test.jpg

All I can suggest is be sure you have the latest driver and then call Canon.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, latest driver was installed already. Not the answer I wanted to hear, Canon tech support isn't open on the weekend. I got orders that need to be finished this weekend and no printer 😞

Thanks for trying to help. 

Hi JenL256!

We do have email support available on the weekend.  Just click here to drop us a line - Email Canon.

Hope this helps!

I emailed Canon yesterday, got a useless answer. Responded and still waiting for an answer to the message I sent last night.

You can try using Print Studio Pro and the "ring around" function to at least try to get the work done this weekend.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Manuals are ere if you don't have them: https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/Canon+Pro-100+Manuals/_9e886cddfbc04caa9248d99e17228c5b

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John, tried the ring proofs yesterday, it didn't help. I got a few colors close, but then it completely messed up another part of the image. All I've accomplished is wasting a lot of paper and time and still haven't been able to get any work done.

I've been using Canon printers for close to 20 years and have never had so much difficulty with a printer.

Maybe you can glean something from this:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54452917

Sorry i couldn't help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements