cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink On Rollers

Ken_k
Contributor

I searched the forum but didn't see this issue discussed.  I accidentally put an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper in backwards and printed.  It's bad enough I wasted all that ink but the next couple of prints have what appear to be roller marks on the back side of the paper.  Is there any way to wipe this ink off?  I don't see any access to the rollers.

I'm also seeing some horizontal banding on the top third of the image that wasn't on the previous print.  Is this likely related to the inky rollers as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try performing a few roller cleanings from the maintenance options of the printer.

Load a single sheet of plain paper in the printer and perform the roller cleaning.  Repeat as necessary.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi Ken_k! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer model you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Whoops - sorry.  Its a Pixma Pro-100.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try performing a few roller cleanings from the maintenance options of the printer.

Load a single sheet of plain paper in the printer and perform the roller cleaning.  Repeat as necessary.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply Michael.  Is the banding I mentioned likely linked to the dirty rollers as well?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Performing the roller cleanings may help with this as well.  It may be possible that there is excess ink on the platen area and it is rubbing off on the incoming edge of the paper.

If the issues are persistent, contact our support group at Contact Us.

The roller cleaning did the trick.  All is well.  Thanks for your help.

Announcements