cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get any paper printed correctly

Itsallaboutp
Enthusiast

Every time I print it never comes out right. I tried 13x19 the whole bottom had white part not printed on. I just tried 9x12 it didnt even print straight. I set it to 8.50x14 to try and print using the whole paper that turned out to be a failure. i am wasting lots of ink trying to get this correct. I need a setting for canvas paper 9x12 13x19 also 8.5x11 

Example I just tried 8x10 it is showing 7.999 x10 no matter what size I do borderless it will always be .999 leaving that small white space 

11 REPLIES 11

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model printer you have, the operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and the software you are using to print.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Canon pixma pro 100 using Mac OS 10.11 I am printing straight from photoshop not from print studio pro in photoshop. 

Any help? 

Do you have the print driver set to spool before printing?  Also, in the manual troubleshooting section they mention checking connectivity.  If you are wireless, try wired LAN or USB.  Manual also mentions the print head gets hot during prints op large files and will sometimes stop or stall during a print rather than burning the print head. 

I suggest printingon smaller paper until you work through the problems.  

Try printing from Print Studio Pro. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I solved that problem by printing on larger paper and cropping the prints with a 15-Inch paper shear.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I printed on an 8.5x11 paper using print studio pro and it prints completely borderless but it seems to cut out a small portion of the image. when I click on crop the image in print studio pro I can move it to select which part I want to show. In my case it was left and right movement allowing me to chose which part to show. 

Printing borderless will normally leave some white at the ends of the paper.  You may need to adjust the slider for the sides to get what you want, or move your crop as you did.

For info on the borderless, check your Canon On-screen manual.  Go to printing>printing from a computer>printing with application (printer driver)>various printing methods>execute borderless printing.

I don't see where I can get this menu. I am using a mac

Announcements