cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Print Studio Pro to respect desired image size

mistylight25
Apprentice

I have always printed through Lightroom to my Pixma Pro-100, but I thought I would take a look at Print Studio Pro. I cannot figure out how to get it to accept the image size I want. 

For example, imagine that I'm printing on letter size paper and the dimensions of the printed image in Lightroom are set to 4x6. In Print Studio Pro, I choose Bordered (x1) from the Registered Layouts menu. I check "Fit to paper size". The borders are fine but the image size is 4.8 (height) by 6 (width). I change the height to 4 and the width changes to 5. Then I try to change the width to 6 and the height changes to 4.8. Then I try to play with the margins and/or uncheck "fit to paper size" and all hell breaks loose. Maybe this is obvious and I've missed it, but I can't find a way to input the image size that I require and have Prin Studio Pro work out the margins. (Isn't this what most photographers want when they're printing an image destined to be matted and framed? Image size has to be the first priority to fit the mat opening.)

I also can't figure out how to "undo" a setting that I've changed. I've tried all the common keystrokes and looked under the PSP menus to no avail.

7 REPLIES 7

BillS
Mentor

Hi mistylight25,

Selecting fit to page will adjust the aspect ratio so that the margins will be even.  If you want a 4x6 image, de-select fit to page, and the absolute values of the print size can be maintained.  At that point you can adjust the border, if necessary.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply. However, when I deselect "Fit to paper size" all the image size fields disappear. The only fields left are Position (Top and Left) and Paper Orientation.
(Perhaps my "fit to paper size" is different from your "fit to page"? But I can't find a "fit to page" setting.)

Hi mistylight25,

4x6 images have a different aspect ratio than letter (8.5x11).  Are you trying to maintain the image size, the aspect ratio, or the borders?

I look forward to your reply.

Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

I just used 4x6 as an example. What I am trying to do is set the dimensions of the image in Print Studio Pro and keep those dimensions.  The details of my struggle are in my first post.

Hi mistylight25,

In the Bordered x1 layout, the margins are worked out automatically.  If you change the margins, the image size will adjust to fit the new parameters.  If you set the image size, the borders will adjust to fill up the page.  Changing one will always change the other.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the exact same issue as mistylight25.  I want to be able to change the height and width of my image independently of one another, but the two are linked together, so if I increase the height, it also increases the width.  I guess it is the aspect that I want to be able to change?  My example is that I am printing on 5 x 7" paper and would like my image to print as 3-3/4 x 5-3/4".  How do we do this?

Welcome to the forum.

@WendyBH wrote:

I am having the exact same issue as mistylight25.  I want to be able to change the height and width of my image independently of one another, but the two are linked together, so if I increase the height, it also increases the width.  I guess it is the aspect that I want to be able to change?  My example is that I am printing on 5 x 7" paper and would like my image to print as 3-3/4 x 5-3/4".  How do we do this?

I do not believe that is possible in PSP. PSP is not an editing program.

You need to crop the image in your photo application and then save it as a new image.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements