cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I replaced all colors on my pixma pro 200 but it's printing awful colors!

kcrichton
Contributor

All of my ink ran out so I replaced everything with the correct ink and now it's printing everything with an ugly purple undertone...see attached photos for reference. 

I've done all of the provided maintenance options and tried everything I can think of...has anyone had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it? I have events coming up in the next week and orders I need to fulfill so I need this fixed asap! 

IMG_0555.jpgIMG_0556.jpgPrinterEvaluationImage_V002_ProPhoto.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

what software are you printing with?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John!
I'm using Adobe InDesign.  I've read through some of your other responses on the forum and tried printing the test sheet you recommend.  It was a little dull, but I'm assuming that's from the cheap card stock I'm using.  However, the pinks and oranges still came through on the test.  Could it be a setting in InDesign?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I do not use InDesign. I have seen a number of posts here about folks having problems with InDesign printing.

Does the print selection module allow you to select "printer manages colors" or "InDesign manages colors"" or similar verbiage? 

Do you select paper profiles?

Do you have photo paper or plain paper to run test images on?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I may have found the problem!  Indesign only gave me the option of "InDesign manages colors".  However, the driver settings always defaulted to "Canon Color Matching".  Despite checking ColorSync, it never seemed to stay. 

So, I manually adjusted the settings on the printer itself to "Color (Correcting off)" on the AirDrop Settings and it's MUCH better.  And yes, you're right, the photo paper was beautiful in comparison to the card stock.  Thanks so much for the ideas.

Announcements