cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE! Canon Pixma Pro 100 FADED IMAGES

MarcyP
Contributor

HELP!

I was first using my Canon Pixma Pro to print reproductions of paintings I have done. I was using it at first with my Lenovo Yoga 2 with NO ISSUES. Then, 2 days after getting the printer, I upgraded to a Macbook Air because my Lenovo died. Ever since using my Mac with the printer I have had nothing but problems. 

Long story short, AFTER figuring out how to change the settings so photoshop managed the colors, THEN figuring out the ICC Profile that best worked for my prints, and running through TONS of test prints, when I finally get things worked out and am printing off prints I actually like, they all of a sudden start getting lighter and more faded. The images almost look like they are clouded or printing with a cloudy filmn over them. Not at all clear. The Ink levels are fine and not near needing to be replaced. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! Someone please help me! I can't figure it out! 

26 REPLIES 26

formanproject
Contributor

Are you running 10.5.1 Catelina? There's currently a bug with it where the paper profiles are not printing properly, so it could be the reason the colors are so off.

MarcyP
Contributor
I don’t know, I literally got this computer Friday! But when I was doing the bulk of my printing on Friday, everything was going great once I got the colors profiles worked out. THEN all of a sudden, prints start coming out milky looking. Like in a matter of hours.

The ink levels are still full, so it’s not the ink.

Check to see if you're running Catalina; it's very possible that that bug is what's causing your issue! Go to the little apple icon in the top right corner, click about this mac, and you'll see a number (10.15 or 10.14 or whatever).

Also, it would help if you could attach a picture of the print so we can see what exactly it looks like!

There are two issues that could be affecting you with your MacBook:

1. as stated already, Catalina (macOS 10.15.X) and Canon drivers have a problem

2. when you added the printer did you add the Canon IJ Series or the AirPrint version of the printer. Many people wind up with the AirPrint version (which has very limited capabilities) becasue it is usually the first one that appears when the "+" button is selected.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

MarcyP
Contributor
I added the AirPrint version. How do I change that? Thank you for your help!

MarcyP
Contributor
I will attach some photos when I get home so you all can see them!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Just go back. Press “+” and wait for the IJ Series version to appear. It could take a minute or two.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I didn’t see where you said this, but did you download and install the Canon driver from the Canon website?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

MarcyP
Contributor
Yes I downloaded the canon driver and installed it from the website! I’m currently operating the MacOS version 10.14.6
Announcements