cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint white lines - Pixma Pro-100

rholden35
Contributor

I just installed a new Pixma Pro-100 and did the printhead alignment without issues. Printed my first test 8x10 print and while I printed beautifully, there are faint (barely visible) white lines on the print. Any ideas on how to fix this? Another printhead alignment maybe??

Thanks for you suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to fix the issue. It was in my settings. When you print something click on "print settings" then in the pull-down menu go to Quality & Media, and make sure it is set to "finest". Somehow it was set on "fast" which was causing the lines. Once I switched it "finest" it corrected the problem. I hope this helps and good luck!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hmmm...not sure if I'm in the right place. I am running Catalina macos on a Mac.

When I go into Options & Supplies | General the Device Name is Canon_PRO_100_series and the Driver Version is 16.50.0.0. 

Note that I did research these forums to figure out how to get the proper drivers installed. I was a bit confused since much of the information was years old...

Probably my fault (that's my wife you hear in the background, saying, "PROBABLY?!!), but I cannot find the path to turning off Printer Controls Printing/Colors and letting Photoshop do the work. Mine is an older version of PShop; maybe that's it. My Print Settings only says Standard, Photo Setting, Business Document, and Paper Saving. I am set on Standard. Paper choice is Plain Paper (anything else results in a sepia tone). Aaargh.    DN

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I would recommend a cleaning first and then check alignment.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
That looks correct. What media type did you select?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I don't see a media type option? I see presets and paper size?

Note that I am printing a PDF file from Preview most of the time. Note that I'm not your average consumer for this printer. 🙂 I don't use it primarily for photo printing so I don't have programs like Photoshop and can't take advantage of ICC profiles.

Understood.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements