3. Restartes the BTS windows services 

4. Stopped the BTS service and install drivers

5. I do have internet. I am connected and posting into the forum right now 

6. Using windows10 pro 

7. Not using VPN or proxys

8. Is weekend and Cannot suppor tis only until Monday  😞 

Thanks for any  advise!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Foudn that i indeed had Windows firewall enabled. Disabled but still got the error. I had to go to buy a DVD reader and with that and by unchecking the 'Install from the web' option I was able to progress but then the driver coult not advance past finding the printer (it could nto find it). 

I ended up calling Canon support  and they asked me to download the driver alone from their website (not the package) and with this, it installed properly. 

Thanks for the input 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The likely culprit is permissions, but you said you have attampted to run the software either as administrator or under a user profile with administrative permissions.

Second most common cause is a problem with internet connectivity.  This could be related to firewall settings or 3rd party anti-virus (if installed) 

See this KB Article

I recommend using this installer for your Pro-1000

Note: The Use the updated software found on internet checkbox will not appear if you are using a Full Driver & Software Package downloaded from our website.  This option will only appear if you are using the Setup CD-ROM that came with your product

If these do not help, reply back with more specific information.  What you did, what was the result, etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Foudn that i indeed had Windows firewall enabled. Disabled but still got the error. I had to go to buy a DVD reader and with that and by unchecking the 'Install from the web' option I was able to progress but then the driver coult not advance past finding the printer (it could nto find it). 

I ended up calling Canon support  and they asked me to download the driver alone from their website (not the package) and with this, it installed properly. 

Thanks for the input 

I'm having this problem with Mac setup. iOS 10.14. Allowed permissions. Cannot get past page one of the software install. "Information Acquisition Error" says "Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again." Everything is connected to the internet and working fine... I'm so confused!

I do not have Mac bu Windows. In any case try the following:

1. Use the CDROM provided with the printer. When using the software in the CD, there is a checkbox that if selected it will get the latest drivers from internet and will install those . Do not use it 

2. Go to canon support site and download the driver only. This stie has the package which includes the driver and the software. Do not use it  instead there is another download of the driver alone. Use the driver alone. 

If it does not work, call Canon support. 

Hope it helps

Hi dommymichelle,

Are you downloading and installing the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.21.10.0.0 or imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 series Full Driver & Software Package when the error appears?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements