cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Pro9000 Mark ii doesn't exist for MacBook Air OS 11.2

LoriAngstadt
Apprentice

The OS Big Sur 11.2 is not recognizing a driver. Is there a workaround for this? The computer recognized the printer, but there is no driver. This is what I have to choose from: 

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 11.13.20 PM.png

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Canon support site doesn't seem to correctly detect the Big Sur OS. As you found, it incorrectly reports Catalina.

There has been no updated driver for that printer since High Sierra in 2017.  You could try downloading that driver and see if it will work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LoriAngstadt,

The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II is not supported with macO v11 (Big Sur).  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30 PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I managed to purchase an unopened Pro9000 mark ii a few months ago but haven't been able to set it up until now. But now you are no longer supporting it? I got it when I was still on Catalina, but the computer has automatically updated to Big Sur, and now I can't install the printer. Am I just out several hundred dollars for a brand new printer? Doesn't seem right. And no, I can't ask for my money back. Also, going back to Catalina doesn't seem like an option at this point. No way around the situation?

You purchased a printer that was relaesed in 2009 and didn't check to see if it was support by the computer you currently have? 

Pretty sure the seller was dumping it because he/she knew it wasn't compatible with current OS systems.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It was fine until the Mac upgraded to Big Sur. I was on Catalina when I bought it

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Then downgrade to Catalina. Problem solved.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Crawfode
Contributor

Thanks, finally managed to get everything hooked up with my print server and Pro9000 from my Big Sur MacBook.

How did you solve it?

Please share your findings.

5D Mk3

Crawfode
Contributor

I got the CUPS driver for Big Sur. Then I got a  StarTech.com 1-Port Wireless N USB 2.0 Network Print Server. It isn’t perfect and I’m still experimenting with it, but so far, so good.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements