cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Color Management on MacOS 12 Monterey

Chiotas
Contributor

Hello!
I want to profile my Canon PRO-300 using the Calibrite ColorCheker Studio (so basically i1Studio) but I'm struggling in finding a way to disable color management not to get alternate color results for the printed patches.
Neither via ccStudio app nor using Adobe Color Print Utility I have access to the color management options of the printer drivers. (see attachment)
Does anybody have an idea how to do that?
ccStudio/ACPU is not turning off by default the color management as results are definitely affected by that and the ICC profile is unusable.

I'm using macOS 12.0.1 Monterey and latest PRO-300 drivers
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you possibly have the Apple AirPrint driver installed instead of the Canon IJ Series driver?

(I don't think your attachemnt is coming through.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chiotas
Contributor

Ok I think it's confirmed that there is something strange..
I found this official guide from Canon for PRO-300 for macOS drivers:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/PRO-300%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_color_correcti...

Basically, I don't have "Color Matching" from the pop-up menu of the Print Dialog.
I think I'll submit a ticket to Canon but if there is anybody out there with a PRO-300 and a mac, it would be more than appreciated a check
Thanks!

Do you possibly have the Apple AirPrint driver installed instead of the Canon IJ Series driver?

(I don't think your attachemnt is coming through.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Chiotas
Contributor

Yup, that was the problem, thanks for the advice!

Basically while installing the printer Apple doesn't ask many things and then when you see the printer listed you don't even think it's done via Ariprint and not via Canon drivers...

Thank you!

Announcements