cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from roll paper back to cut sheets. What is the glitch on the Imageprograf pro 2000.

dgoldfarb1957
Contributor

For something that should be a straight forward issue has turned into a nightmare, (switching from roll to cut sheets). Last week I started setting up my printer by using cut sheets of my own stock of Canon Pro 13 x 19 glossy. Once the head adjustment was finally completed using a test roll sent to me by Canon measuring 17 inches by 15 feet that turned out to be necessary since 13 x 19 inch Canon paper would not allow for a auto head alignment and nowhere was it mentioned in the set up instructions,   I was ready to start printing my first jpegs.   I  successfully produce some nice prints using a 24 inch roll of Canson Baryta Photographique., Now I went to change the settings by following the proceedure on the control panel to remove the roll paper. First message that appeared was a paper jam.  I lifted the cover and manually rolled back the paper, there was no jam.  I attempted to switch from roll to cut sheet and got stuck in a proceedure that was ongoing and never resulted from the cut sheet being aligned and adjusted. The control panel indicated that I had to manuall rewind the roll paper onto the spindle. The roll paper was not installed. I even tried removing the roll paper and spindle from the printer in another attempt to load a cut sheet. Again the controll panel always came back requesting that the roll paper be rewound. I rebooted the power supply and again the same propblems occurred although I was following precicely the instructions on the control panel.  Tomorrow I will call Canon Technical Support as this is all too tiring to deal with and really should be a simple task to perform.  I just do not see what I am doing wrong in the process as I litterally am following the indications on the touch screen.

Does anyone have any advice for this issue?  I am beginning to think there is a malfunctioning sensor or control panel.  The panel clearly shows for both the roll paper and cut sheet that there is no paper for either of those two settings before I make another attempt to install the cut sheet. 

UPDATE:

I spoke with a Canon technician this morning and I am being scheduled for another service call to replace a sensor. This should resolve the endless loop that kept me from loading a cut sheet. The machine acted as if the roll paper was never removed. Canon has been good at trying to resolve various problems that have arisen. I look forward to having the printer functioning properly and I hope they resolve the issue of the maintenance tank drawer that continues to fall open when I close the upper door or open and close the feed door.   

UPDATE # 2:

Although a sevice call was made, there still is no resolution to the issue, I expect to hear back from the technician tomorrow afte he speaks with a Canon rep.  Canon did send out a Printed Circuit Board but that still has not been installed. The technician checked for and paper that may be signaling a sensor that there is roll paper still installed in the printer that is not allowing me to load cut sheets. The PCB does not contain the sensor itself.  Stating that I am a little anxious is an understatement since the printer arrived nearly three weeks ago and I can't begin printing on my precut sheet of Canon Pro papers. There is also an issue with the maintenance tank door that continues to drop down on its own. There are no signs of broken parts to this door that has what appears to be a friction latch with no moving parts other that the pivot point of the hinges. I consider this to be rather poorly designed and I may have to attach some velcro strips to make sure it does not drop every time I open the paper feed cover or drop the lower cover to access the paper roll.

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements