cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DPI in Print Studio Pro?

UpTheBoro
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Pro 100s printer and I have been using the Print Studio Pro plugin for lightroom. However, when I open a lightroom file it automatically says the image resolution is 240dpi, regardless of the image resolution (in this case 8021x3582) or print size I choose. Ideally, for smaller prints I would want a higher dpi than this. When in "finest quality print" setting is the image only printing at 240dpi? Am I actually getting the "finest quality" possible from this printer? 

When I have tried to print directly from lightroom my images are nowhere near as sharp as they are from Print Studio Pro (which is my issue - I would not use PSP otherwise), regardless of how high I set the DPI (I've tried as high as 600). 

I just want to know am I actually getting the "finest quality" possible from this printer? 

+the plugin won't install for photoshop CC despite the number of times I have used the plugin installer it so help in that would be appreciated?

a screen capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know the correct answer to your question, but I have run tests comparing printing from PSP and printing from Lightroom directly with 300 dpi selected and the results look the same.

To install PSP in PS, when you run the installer and get the message that a version of PS can't be found click Next.

Then browse to where your PS folder is and select the Plugin foler.

Annotation 2019-09-24 123731.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements