cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro-100 firmware upgrade from 1.1 to 2031

ducmis
Contributor

I havent been using my printer so i haven't been doing my firmwares updates like i should.  I missed 1.2 and 1.3, now i want to update it to the latest firmware and it keeps giving me an error.  I have tried my windows 10 and windows 7 and  both are giving me the same error while updating the firmware.   it shuts down the printer mid way and says it cannot connect to the printer.  no data transfers.   drivers are installed on the computer and it works, and it can print.  i just want to update the firmware.  If someone can kindly help me with this, thank you in advance.

111 REPLIES 111

@pjscott51 wrote:
I just talked to Canon support again. According to a Canon engineer the 2.031 firmware will not work on some models of the Pro-100 and Pro-10 printers due to when the printer was manufactured  I asked if that’s the case then why isn’t there something in the firmware instructions regarding the firmware not working on some models of the Pro-100 and Pro-10? I was told he will pass that along.

Several yeaers ago there were posts about some folks having a 2.0 version of firmware. That is probably a related issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Identical problem here. Cannot update Pro-100 from 1.1 to 2.031 firmware. Blinking orange 3 times, then same error message.

Connected via USB cable, Windows 10 laptop with AC power plugged in.

I live in the US. Pro-100 purchased Jan, 2015 from Amazon US. Not European.

Here's a new wrinkle on this problem: I had established via a nozzle check that my Pro-100 firmware version was 2.001. I attempted the update to 2.031 and followed all instructions to the letter. The Printer Update utility confirmed my existing firmware as 2.001 and the new firmware to be installed as 2.031. The update proceeded through the first stage of loading the software and then I got the same error message reported by several posts. I was unable to turn off the printer, as instructed by the Printer Utility, until I disconnected the USB cable. I then restarted the printer and ran a nozzle check which was normal but this is when the big surprise occurred:

The firmware is now 2.031!! In other words, the firmware update appears to have succeeded despite the error message and without acknowledgement of a successful update by the utility.  I printed an 8.5x11 color photo image without difficulty and all appears normal. Go figure.

Robert N.

John,

Don't recall exactly but I believe it was 1.0x

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Welcome to the forum starfireprime.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks! Glad to be here. Amazing timing in that I finally get around to my PRO-100 and here you are with the exact same problem!

supercanonfan
Apprentice

Same problem here !!!

Tested with two mac, two PC, two USB Cable and any combinaison...

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. Same behavior with Pro-100 amber light flashing and power down.

macOS Catalina and Windows 10
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sorry to hear of the firmware upgrade issues many are having. But I wonder what the upgrade offers. Is there something that's new or does it allow for saving ink, or anything at all?

Hi people,

I'm from Italy and I've the same problem with pro-100.

I just tried with Windows 10 and Catalina, same issue.

Announcements