cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma 9500

Nicolas89
Contributor

Hello !
I look to you for a solution that I have not managed to resolve despite my checks.
A month ago, my nozzle check indicated a huge problem: almost no pattern, only a little black (the letter plus a few lines) and yellow.
I performed many purges with the program, without success.
I tried the manual cleaning several times (deionized water bath and isopropyl alcohol)
Finally, I bought a new print head.
Yesterday I installed it, and ... nothing .. no pattern on the noozle check
If I reinstall the old head I find my ugly noozle check.
Is there something to do after changing the printhead?
I reset the printer with the on and resume buttons, as the procedure explained several times, without success.
I tried to go through Service Tool, but I am blocked by a 006 error when I want to reset by the program.
Today I am stuck, I will appreciate your help!
Thank you.
Nicolas

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Nicolas89,

Just to confirm, you have a PIXMA PRO9500 series printer correct?

We look forward to your reply.

Hi Arthur,

It's the Pixma PRO9500 MKii.

I begin to think that the fault is due to the purge unit that does not absorb the ink of the head during purges.
If the problem came from the head or nozzles, I will still have some patterns, even frightful.
What do you think ?
Thank you

Hi Nicolas89,

Could you please  take a picture of the nozzle check and also of the inks installed in the printer and attach it to your reply.

The nozzle check is absolutely blank !

Inks are reffilable (original with chip resetter and adhoc raw ink) from Inkow, bit it run like this for several months without any problem. Inks are in date and there was never any problem ok nozzle check.

First very problematic nozzle test shows only a few lines of black and yellow, but after 4 ou 5 deep cleanings and nozzle check, the nozzle check come to blank..

Thanks

Hi Nicolas89,

I would open the print driver and select cleaning. If the cleaning and deep cleaning did not resolve the issue the printer will need to be replaced because service is no longer provided on the printer

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Hello Arthur,
Thank you for this offer, but which, although interesting, does not move me forward.
I am convinced that my fight against the obsolescence of my printer has a solution, and I believe that the pump is not doing its job properly.
If anyone else has ever had this problem to confirm that?
I think to change this pump that no longer allows to suck the ink.
Thank you

Announcements