cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Frustration - Canon Pixma Pro 100

Mgleone
Apprentice
I bought this printer at the beginning of March. I use an iMac And Lightroom cc. I am new to photo printing, however, I found that if I used Adobe RGB 1998 it’s seem to print very true to the monitor no matter what paper I used. I have no idea what other settings in terms of profiles that I had selected, however, it seemed to print perfectly each and every time. Today I was printing a few images and suddenly it started printing dull colors and dark prints. Seems washed out. A lot of the posts I have read mention Photoshop but I don’t know how to use Photoshop. I have spent hours trying to figure out what I may have changed unknowingly and have probably wasted about $100 in materials doing so. I am using the settings in the print tab of LR. I am very confused about ICC profiles and the difference between color management and those profiles. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. Before I can help I need to know that you have the correct printer driver installed.

Have you downloaded the laets driver from the Canon support site? It would be 16.20 version.

If you go to System Preferences->Printers and Scanners do you see the IJ_Series version of the Pro-100 or the Airprint version?

If you have the AirPrint version delete it, using the "-" button and add the IJ_Series version by selecting the "+" button and waiting for the IJ_Series to appear. It could take a few minutes. Usually the AirPrint version appears firsr - do not select it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements