cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-1000 into storage

olereidar
Apprentice

Hi! I have a Canon Pro-1000 printer and I need to go away for several months. Do I prepare it for transportation? There is a menu option for that. It’s supposed to drain your ink... but some are more than half full... that’s getting expensive.

And another caveat: one of my ink tanks has run out of ink which makes the printer menus unavailable. Now I am not inclined to put a new ink in there to have it all drain when doing preparation for transportation.

Is there any way? Can I just turn it off and leave? Should I take out the ink tanks? And why does it not say anything about this in the manual?

Just to be clear... I am not moving the printer. I just cannot use it for months.

Help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi olereidar,

If you are not moving the printer, you do not have to "prepare for transportation", which drains the ink. All that is needed is to turn the printer off using the power button so that the inks are capped.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi olereidar,

If you are not moving the printer, you do not have to "prepare for transportation", which drains the ink. All that is needed is to turn the printer off using the power button so that the inks are capped.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements