cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 - Ink Bleed + Purple Haze to all prints

EpsilonArts
Apprentice

I'm at my wits end here--I purchased a second-hand Pro-100 and I didn't have issues until the last few months. A lot of my papers tend to have streaks of ink at the top, bottom, and sometimes right in the middle and all my prints have this purple overcast to them. I've deep-cleaned several times, done bottom plate cleanings, everything short of taking the entire thing apart and using a Q-Tip to clean every crevasse. Nozzle checks come out true to color...I just don't know what to do anymore.

This is the original image in CMYKThis is the original image in CMYKPrinted on the Pro using a semi-glossPrinted on the Pro using a semi-glossPrinted on the pro with a fine art paperPrinted on the pro with a fine art paperPrinted on an Epson WF-7820Printed on an Epson WF-7820

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robnich
Enthusiast

The nozzle check print shows that there is no yellow ink coming through. Try replacing the yellow ink cartridge. If it is a new yellow cartridge, be sure the vent hole is not covered by a remnant of the clear tape that is wrapped around the new cartridges.

Robert N.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EpsilonArts
Apprentice

I did another series of nozzle check prints and these are what came out

IMG_8566.JPG

robnich
Enthusiast

The nozzle check print shows that there is no yellow ink coming through. Try replacing the yellow ink cartridge. If it is a new yellow cartridge, be sure the vent hole is not covered by a remnant of the clear tape that is wrapped around the new cartridges.

Robert N.

Thank you so much!!! I guess it wasn’t reading that yellow was empty so that fixed the discoloration—now just needing to fiddle with some settings to improve color saturation. 

the ink smudging persists but only on glossy or semi gloss papers. It’s so bizarre. 😞 a mystery for another day. 

I'm glad I was able to help.

Announcements