cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 10 Printer started printing colors wrong

Christy1
Apprentice

Last week I went to print for an order and nothing printed correctly(the day before it was printing fine).  I have, I think, limited the issue to the printer because- I tried printing both a PDF and straight from Photoshop.  I also printed my art PDFs and Photoshop files from a different computer.  What could cause the printer to stop printing what seems to me to be: sepia and burnt sienna and maybe grey correctly.  I have done the nozzle and print checks.  Nothing is clogged or seems to be printing incorrectly.  Thank you.  

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you post a cellphone shot of the nozzle check print? 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Christy1
Apprentice

Hi John,

This was done yesterday.  I also reinstalled the driver yesterday.  That did not help.  Thank you for your thoughts on this!IMG_20220528_084403298 (1).jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-28 111343.jpg

The nozzle check looks good. I seem to recall someone else reporting an issue that started with some Adobe products. I don't recall them reporting back with the resolution if they got one.

Can you try printing something else, like a photo, or if you are on a Mac print the PDF through Preview, just to remove any Adobe products from the process. If on a PC try right-click on the PDF and then print.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Christy1
Apprentice

This is printed with the PDF only.  Admittedly not with a very good phone camera.  Still I think you can see that the greys and browns are much lighter.  Does this mean a driver or something inside the printer broke?

Thank you,
ChristyThe original is the left photo.  The right was just printed post problem.The original is the left photo. The right was just printed post problem.

Hi Christy1,

What version of Windows are you using?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What application are you using your print your image?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick~ I am using Windows 11. And I print from PDFs. 

Announcements