cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 9500 mk ii and Mac OSX 10.13.3

pmoffatt
Contributor

Since the latest Apple OSX upgrade to 10.13.3, I have been having trouble printing from Lightroom/Photoshop from my elderly but reliable iMac 27' mid 2011, to my also elderly Pixma Pro 9500mk ii.  Since the latest update, I find that print jobs stay in the queue after they are complete, the printer reports it's istill n use, and no further jobs can be sent until the queue is purged.  Sometimes deleting the completed job is all it takes, but I find that if I change parameters - paper size or quality, margins &c - the previous settings hang on after the job has been deleted.  Then the printer accepts the job but reportws a conflict and won't print.  The workaround is then to go into System Preferences, Open Print Queue, and keep deleting until all outstanding jobs have been removed.  To remove the worst conficts I have to delete and then reinstall the printer.  I can handle this for occasional work, but it's hopeless if I'm preparing a series of prints.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is ot just me?  I have the latest Canon driver, but I notice it's not officially certified for OSX later than 10.12.  Have Canon abandoned this product?

14 REPLIES 14

Hi monie,

Support options in the UK may vary from those available in th US.  I recommend contacting Canon UK HERE for current service options.

cplevin
Apprentice

Hi

Was there any resolution to this - do Canon offer the Upgrade Program in the UK/Europe? I could find no mention on Canon UK website.

Also has anyone successfully used Gutenprint with Mojave and the 9500?

Chris

No solution here. I bought a new printer. The old Pixma Pro has gone  to a good home with a Windows system. 

OK. I just bought a 9500 for 20 pounds(about 25 dollars), obviously a bargain - if it is useable for my purposes. It is only for small batches of prints so I might be ok with the problems; or I may also have to purchase a newer printer. The Pro-10S looks like a good option.

it is a pity though that many others will probably have to retire a perfectly good printer for such a reason.

I will try Gutenprint as an option and report back.

Chris

I bought a 10s. I could use the 9500, but after each print I had to go into the dialogues and reinstall the printer. OK for the occasional print but Impractical otherwise. Good luck. 

Announcements