cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer "The paper tray needs to be filled" ..

jjshotme
Contributor

I am suddenly getting the error message on my Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer saying "paper tray needs to be filled" when there is paper loaded.  This is happening only on 13x19 sizes.  The printer works just fine for smaller.  I have printed a lot of 13x19 sheets in the past with no problem.

I've tried replacing ink cartridges, cleaning, making sure all doors and trays are in appropriate places, restarting the printer, restarting the computer,etc.... 

not sure what else to do.  Thank you for any help and suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jjshotme!

Our award winning all-American technical support team can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 10 PM ET.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

I'm having this issue too. I've had no problem printing letter size, but when trying to print 13x19 (From my MacBook Pro, Adobe Illustrator) it gives me  "The paper tray needs to be filled"  dialogue. In fact, it didn't even give me the option to select 13x19 (or A3+, Super A3) I've had to try and manually input the information. 

Which 13x19 paper are you trying to load in Rear Tray?

Will it load OK as a single sheet?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Actually we may have figured it out. We were misinterpreting the "Rear Tray" and the "Manual Tray." We assumed the "Rear Tray" was the tray that was all the way in the... rear. And the Manual must have been the top loading tray. But the top loading tray seems to be the 'rear' tray. 

I had to move onto other work, but I'll let you know if we still have issues.  

Spoiler
I never did figure out the problem.....just gave up after way too much time being spent.  I have used the printer on large 13x19 sheets many times before and then suddenly had this issue.  I loaded properly, ink was filled, etc.... (It worked in the past). I am really disappointed that it stopped printing the large sheets.  I usually use print labs and this is the sort of thing that drives me to that....the time and money spent is just too costly. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
jj. Did you try calling the Canon support line? I have always found them very helpful.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No I wasn't able to find one....when I have time to revisit this problem, maybe I will try to find the number.  It's been months now and I kind of just resolved myself to not ever figuring it out.  Thank you!

Hi jjshotme!

Our award winning all-American technical support team can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 10 PM ET.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANK YOU!

Announcements