cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer "The paper tray needs to be filled" ..

jjshotme
Contributor

I am suddenly getting the error message on my Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer saying "paper tray needs to be filled" when there is paper loaded.  This is happening only on 13x19 sizes.  The printer works just fine for smaller.  I have printed a lot of 13x19 sheets in the past with no problem.

I've tried replacing ink cartridges, cleaning, making sure all doors and trays are in appropriate places, restarting the printer, restarting the computer,etc.... 

not sure what else to do.  Thank you for any help and suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jjshotme!

Our award winning all-American technical support team can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 10 PM ET.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I have found that the printer can be temperamental when loading the manual paper tray. Be absolutely sure that the paper is seated all the way.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I've tried replacing ink cartridges, cleaning, making sure all doors and trays are in appropriate places, restarting the printer, restarting the computer,etc...."

And you found none of that worked?  That is because jrhoffman is correct.  Make sure the large paper is correctly and fully loaded.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks much....I've also done this ....the paper is seated properly and filled properly. I've printed many large sheets in the past with no problem. Not sure why I suddenly am having an issue.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you have a shop vac try blowing out the feed area in case maybe something is in there. If indeed paper is inserted correctly then I would guess it's a printer mechanical failure.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you.  That's a good idea.  

What kind of paper is it? Have you checked to make sure you have it loaded in the correct tray? Before you press print, check to see whether the rear tray or manual feed is selected as the paper source.

It is a professional luster paper....same as the one I have used in the past. I've correctly loaded. Haven't had a chance to try the shop vac yet....been slammed with clients....will let you know if that works.

Thank you for the suggestions though

I'm not saying you don't have the paper loaded in the printer correctly, Im saying to double check the paper source to make sure it matches the tray you have it loaded in from your software before you print.

oh, yes...done that too. Thank you.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements