cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use ONLY 3 B&W carts. for Pixma Pro-100? help!

photographer100
Apprentice

I dont plan on keeping Canon in $$$$$$ by buying the color carts, rather ONLY the 3 BW carts for my Pixma Pro-100 once the "color runs out"

will this work fine?   

remove DEAD colors when dry?

recommendations? 

thanks. 

I had planned on EVENTUALLY just using this as a professional BW printer for large prints. 

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Even when printing B&W there are small amounts of color ink being used. If you are only printing B&W then the amount of color ink used won't be great.

If you are interested in solely B&W for professional purchases there may be better printer options (i.e. pigment based inks)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

well that REALLY sucks donkey logs. 

There is NO logical reason one cannot ONLY use the BW carts. OTHER THAN Canon bleeding customers dry for INK $$$$$$

I used to work for Lexmark as a pro technician, and i know its ALL A GAME OF $$$ for INK,  same goes for Canon too obviously. 

easy way around that, ill NEVER give Canon cart. $$$$,  ill only buy 3rd party and refills. 

Touche'    what a rotten stinker you are Canon. 

It is not possibile to print the 256 grey-scale with a single black cartridge.  A single black cartridge will print black.  What about the other 255 shades?  I suspect if you are printing a 0'0'0 page of text, you would use little to none of the other cartridges.  But if it even has 0'0'1 in it ?

The only thing the printer can do with a single cartridge is, how much ink, the size of the dot and how far apart they are.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements