cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 ink waste foam and noises.

icodyonline
Contributor

So I just (3 weeks ago) got a Pixma Pro 100. Love it, prints great photos. However, the foam inside the printer has ink on it, is that normal? I can't find anywhere on how to clean or replace this. Any ideas? Also, after I print a single photo, it seems to go through something, i don't know what it is, but the rollers start rolling and the print head moves back and forth without printing, and while it's doing it's thing, it has a squeak on the right side of the printer, sounds like it's coming from a roller. 

IMG_8833.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Ink is normal. It collects excess ink and keeps it off your prints.

All sorts of noises do occur, so that in itself is not an issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Is there a way to replace the foam?

The printer does issue a warning/error code when the ink waste colletor is full. My PRO-100 is over two years old and no message yet. I wouldn't worry about it.

A few other participants have that printer; maybe they have thoughts as well.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Okay cool, cause to me, it just looks so saturated. I can touch it with my finger and ink is on it. O_O

Call Canon support.  That's not right.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

If you print a lot of borderless prints the overspray will show up in this foam.  You can minimize this by printing bordered prints.  You may wish to remove some of the excessive ink by gently blotting the foam with a folded paper towel.  This should wick some of the excessive ink out of the foam.  Make sure the printer is OFF before starting this procedure.

Announcements