cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing issue

StefanyK
Apprentice

I have a pixma pro-100. I am trying to print a borderless photo and each time it cuts off part of my image. I am printing a jpeg image and no matter what size i pick it doesn't show the whole image when printed.

6 REPLIES 6

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and what software program you are printing from. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am using windows 10. I tried printing from Photoshop cc and my image garden (the software that came with the printer).

The printer overprints the image slightly to ensure you get a borderless image. You can change the extent of overprinting in the printer driver. 

You also need to be sure that the image is the same aspect ratio as the paper size. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you! I will check the printer driver settings. How do I adjust the aspect ratio?

Here's where the borderless adjustment is. You can change the amount of extension.

Capture.JPG

Most cameras prduce an image in a 2x3 aspect ratio. The only paper in that ratio is 4x6.

You would need to crop the image in your photo software for the paper you want to use. Papers are 8x10, 8 1/2x11, 11x14.

Choose your paper and then crop the image so it fits how you want on that paper. Its not so important is you don't want borderless; it just means you would have uneven white borders. But, when you want borderless you need to be sure that the image you want is the exact size of the paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you very much.

Announcements