cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 PRINTER PROFILE

isarmbedwards
Contributor

Hi,

I recently got a PIXMA PRO-100, and I'm kind of struggling with it. Today, I wanted to try and play around with the printer profile but I saw there was an update so I did just that.

I clicked on Printer Profile and I believe the choices have changed. I don't have the "Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster", etc. option now.  (Image attached of some of the choices I'm talking about)Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 6.21.49 PM.png

I chose Canon Cinema CLog2 just to try it out, and the printer outcome was just horrible. The photos were just blots of inks, and it's was really wet that I got ink all over my hands (still wet after an hour).

I hope someone could help me out. 

I'm on a MacBook, macOS Catalina.

Thanks so much, any help will be awesome!

24 REPLIES 24

For one thing, Lightroom doesn't know about the read feed, so I can't print on heaview paper. For another, I spent good money on this printer and its ink. I am thinking about an upgrade, but not if canon can't support its customers. 

If you think 

I don't know what I'm doing without knowing anything about me you're wrong, and you should keep your BS, I love to read my own post crap  out of this forum.

@sstarer wrote:

For one thing, Lightroom doesn't know about the read feed, so I can't print on heaview paper. For another, I spent good money on this printer and its ink. I am thinking about an upgrade, but not if canon can't support its customers. 

If you think 

I don't know what I'm doing without knowing anything about me you're wrong, and you should keep your BS, I love to read my own post crap  out of this forum.

I am assuming you mean "rear" and "heavier ". 

I am also going to assume your are confused about the rear tray and the manual feed tray for this printer. The CD printing tray is the front tray, the top loaded tray is called the rear tray and the tray at the very back of the printer is the manual feed tray. 

You are correct - Lightroom doesn't know (or care) which tray you are printing from. That is selected in the printer driver when you select printer setup in Lightroom. 

Lightroom also doesn't control what papers you can print to. Once again that is controlled by the printer driver. If you are selecting a heavier fine art paper media type and don't also select the appropriate paper size (with the 30mm border) the printer driver won't allow printing. Heavier papers need to be loaded in the manual feed tray. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sstarer, who are you referring to? Just ask your questions without the attitude. And a thank you to those bothering to reply to you with advice - since you ask - would not go amiss.

Are you the attitude police? 

Just sit down, sparky. 

Canon did not do itself any favors, and they treated us like a captive audience. 

I never listened to my mother, and I'm not listening to you either. Park your school marm nonsense and save it for someone who cares what you have to say

Thanks for this!

I was going to ask since I was advised that it'll be best to have it. 

sstarer, I may have read it on the Canon website that PSP will not work in Catalina & Canon will not be developing it further. It is possible to install PSP if you download the program & it will auto recognise Lightroom (latest 9.1 classic which I'm on) but if you try to open it within Lightroom it will advise an error & promptly quit.

Canon has replaced it with a program called Professional Print & Layout. Not sure if this will satisfy your requirements as I never use either program. You can do layouts etc in Lightroom or Qimage One for Mac works well too.

I own a Pro-1000 but I guess the above applies to your printer as well.

PP&L will not work with Pro-100 - I tried.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for this tip! I'll check it out. Funny how Canon hasn't really told many people.

golfbravo
Contributor

I have exactly this problem.

No matter what I do, the (standard) profiles are NOT being installed in Library>Colorsync>Profiles which is where I believe they should be.

Any help would be appreciated......

Cheers

@golfbravo wrote:

I have exactly this problem.

No matter what I do, the (standard) profiles are NOT being installed in Library>Colorsync>Profiles which is where I believe they should be.

Any help would be appreciated......

Cheers

You are correct, the Canon profiles are not installed in that library.

But that doesn't matter for Canon software, Lightroom or Photoshop (and perhaps some others).

What software are you trying to print from.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements