cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 PRINTER PROFILE

isarmbedwards
Contributor

Hi,

I recently got a PIXMA PRO-100, and I'm kind of struggling with it. Today, I wanted to try and play around with the printer profile but I saw there was an update so I did just that.

I clicked on Printer Profile and I believe the choices have changed. I don't have the "Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster", etc. option now.  (Image attached of some of the choices I'm talking about)Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 6.21.49 PM.png

I chose Canon Cinema CLog2 just to try it out, and the printer outcome was just horrible. The photos were just blots of inks, and it's was really wet that I got ink all over my hands (still wet after an hour).

I hope someone could help me out. 

I'm on a MacBook, macOS Catalina.

Thanks so much, any help will be awesome!

24 REPLIES 24

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

"The photos were just blots of inks, and it's was really wet that I got ink all over my hands (still wet after an hour)." This problem is easy to fix - you were printing on the wrong side of the paper. A common problem. To confirm the correct sdie to print on - which should face you when loaded in the printer - wet a finger tip and touch a corner of the paper - the print side will be tacky.

Since you are on macOS Catalina download thge latest printer driver from the Canon support site.

When you add the printer in Printers & Scanners be sure to wait for the Canon IJ Series printer to appear - it could take a few minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I may be wrong here but all the profiles in your list are camera or monitor profiles. You need specific printer profiles. When you download/install Canon's printer driver for Catalina, Canon's profiles should automatically install as well. If you want third party printer profiles that match your paper from Canson or Ilford etc, download the appropriate ones for that paper. Then you can activate that profile from the drop-down list, then select it in Lightroom or whatever app you're using ready for printing.

That is how I understand it to work, except it isn't for me - on two diffeernt computers.......

Thanks so much for the response and the welcome!

I figured I printed it on the wrong side, but didn't really mind it since I've printed on photo paper a couple of times and got it right. Human error. Lol.

Thank you for the tip!

I will download the software again, since maybe the update messed it up for me.

Will update you once I have.

THANKS AGAIN!

sstarer
Apprentice

I can't seem to get a straight answer to a simple yet incredibly annoying question... When is print studio pro going to be working with Catalina? No nonsense please, no work arounds, please. If I can't print with a Canon Printer and its tools, maybe I'll have to get rid of it and get an HP or an Epson printer? 

How arragant to have several years to do something for your customers but choose not to

You do know that you don't need PSP? Many folks use this printer without Adobe products. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi,

I make stickers, and I use Adobe Photoshop. Does it mean PSP won't be available for Catalina anytime soon?

@isarmbedwards wrote:

Hi,

I make stickers, and I use Adobe Photoshop. Does it mean PSP won't be available for Catalina anytime soon?

This is a user supported forum. I don't believe anyone here knows the schedule for software updates from Canon - at least if they do they have never reported.

In the meantime if you Google for Photoshop sticker templates you can get many hits.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I guess we just have to keep checking the website for any updates!

Thanks!

Announcements