cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 13x19 borderless & Canon Print Studio Pro Issues

shumba411
Apprentice

Hi,

Using Macbook pro,OS X 10.10.5, lightroom CC (2015.1.1), Photoshop CC 2015, Canon Print Studio Pro (1.4.1)

So i just recently purchased a canon pixma pro-100. The first issue i have is that i cannot open Canon Studio Pro from Lightroom becuase i keep getting the following message on attempt:

"A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software, and then install its driver.
Exiting Print Studio Pro"

Also, there is no option in photoshop to even open it up at all. When i try to print 13x19 prints borderless, i cannot. I keep getting a 1/4" border around the image. 

Can anyone help me with these issues? Much apprectiated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Printing with a Canon printer on Mac is a challenge; nothing like Windows.

1. I am able to get PSP to work with LR, but not PS. Download the 8/21/15 file update from the canon support site.

2. Make sure in addition to installing the CUPS driver that you fron the IJ Network Tool in the Canon Utilities folder.

3. When you go to add the printer in System Preferences wait a while, some times a minute or two, for the system to find the IJ Printer. You want that, not the Bonjour version.

Once you do 2 and 3 you should now have a Borderless Printing option in the dropdown where Paper Handling shows in your screen capture.

I also select a paper profile in Color Management rather than Managed by Printer.

This is why you want PSP on a Mac

If that isn't working get back to us.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75 -- You are EXCEEDINGLY helpful here, but in this sentence:

"2. Make sure in addition to installing the CUPS driver that you fron the IJ Network Tool in the Canon Utilities folder."

What word is "fron" supposed to be please. Sorry if I'm extra-dense tonight.

fbx333

@fbx333 wrote:

jrhoffman75 -- You are EXCEEDINGLY helpful here, but in this sentence:

"2. Make sure in addition to installing the CUPS driver that you fron the IJ Network Tool in the Canon Utilities folder."

What word is "fron" supposed to be please. Sorry if I'm extra-dense tonight.

fbx333

Sorry- should be "run". If you are connecting wirelessly run the network tool.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

"Where am i going wrong? 

Thanks in advance for your help...."

I can't help with the Mac end but in LR there are a few things that need to be set correctly.  You might want to check these also I choose Single Image in the Layout Style tab.  Now the three settings are shown below .....

print.jpg

This sample shows a 8x10 but you could choose any size.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Vins
Apprentice
Did that. Layout is landscape. Still prints in portrait mode.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Maybe you also need to change page layout in the Pages software.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements