cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Print Studio Pro for photoshop

elPimps
Contributor

I'm new with canon printers and i just received the PRO-1000.

I'm under windows 10, I installed the Print Studio Pro 2.2.3 and succesfully added in Lightroom Classic.

Now i'm trying to add it in Photoshop 2020 but i'm stuck at the installation screen.

I do these steps:

- Open the install program

- select Photoshop 64bit and the /program files/adobe/photoshop 2020/plugins/ folder

- <next> and the following message appears

"the plug-in installation program is already in use.

Exit from the installation program and retry"

From task manager there is only 1 instance running and i don't know why this is happening (since the lightroom version is installing without any problems at all).

P.S. i already tryed installing it with admin mode (anyway my user has admin powers)

P.P.S. is it possible to get the files without any installation program so i can put it in the plugin/psp/ folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@elPimps wrote:

There is no way for me to go further the "next" step...

There is some bug that prevent it from installing the plugin (a weird message "already in use").

Could you please share (also in PM) your PSP folder please?

It should work by manually add it to mine.

If you select Browse, go to the plugin folder location, select the PS program button you will then see that "Next" is available to be selected.

At least it works for me.

I sent you a Private Message.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Forum.

You could try copying the indicated folder from Lightroom and pasting in the PS plugin folder.

Annotation 2019-12-27 100749.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New weird fact...

after a reboot, it deleted "that" folder from lightroom modules...

I had to reinstal PSP back on it...

P.S. i copyed (doesn't work), and renamed in PSP (doesn't work).

Can you share the name of it (photoshop 2020) and its content please?

I'm sorry. I gave you incorrect advice. What you want to do (if you have an earlier version of Photoshop) is copy the PSP plugin from that version of PS to the newest version.

I don't have PS2020 installed on my computer right now.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Unfortunatly i never installed PSP in previous Photoshop versions...

Do you know if there is a way to "manually" install it?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I do not, but I think you can go to Adobe Creative Cloud app and install older version of PS and then install PSP.

But, is there something you want PSP for, because its not a required program. I have a Pro-100 and have OSP installed but don’t use it. I use Qimage as my printing plugn.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm new on printing, i just read that PSP is the way to start printing with my brand new pro-1000...

Anyway, the problem is not that it get some "incompatibility" issue, but that i'm unable to install PSP in any of photoshop versions available...

John and I just posted to this thread.  For Pro 100, but the same applies for Pro 1000, Windows or MAC

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Printer-software-issues/m-p/290961#M8...

The PSP plug in is compatibe with Adobe CC or Elements through 2019 currently.

You might be able to hack it in, but I would not count on this.  

I expect that Canon will update PSP after the New Year.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I know, but i've been able to install it in my photoshop 2020 on MAC and it works too...

In windows i don't have "incompatibility" issues but a bug that prevent it from install.

The error doesn't say "your version is incompatible bla bla bla" but "the plugin installation program is already in use, please close and retry"

If someone can make an archive, upload in any service (like wetransfer, cloud ecc..) and share with me, it should work 😕 (win 64bit version)

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I just installed PS and was able to install PSP.

Open the PSP installer.
Select “Browse”
Go to the PS2020 folder and select Plugin folder
Select “Next”
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements