cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon pro 100 blinking alarm issue

catgir
Apprentice

I just got today the Cannon pro 100 and when I finished putting in the printer head and ink it started flashing. I tried turning off the printer, take out the power cord and plugging it back in, and looking up ways to fix it. I dunno if I put the printerhead is on wrong or something...since it blinks 10 times and it says it needs service.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

New printer...

Start by removing each cartridge and the print head.  Power off and unplug.

Now reconnect, open the cover and reseat the printhead and cartridges.  (Be sure you have removed any shipping tapes completely from the inks)  Close the cover and the printer should perform and "charging" cycle.  

If you continue to receive an alarm error.  Contact Canon.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

does the ink tray move when you open the top? Cause it won't move. It did the whole thing of moving yesterday, but after I put the printer head and ink in, it then hasn't moved from the side. Is there a manual way to bring it out so I can try that?

Greetings,

Please identify the error using the following guide:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-100S%20series/EN/UG/ug_trouble0300.html

Let us know what you find.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

the one where both lights blink 10 times. says to contact service center. the support code is B200. Though I haven't even got it connected to my computer. 

Best of luck with this error. I am in the middle of trying to deal with B200 and 6000... The official response is "it's a hardware issue that needs servicing" and of course they don't offer servicing. Please document this as I've read about the issue multiple times and Canon seems to think that offering 10 percent coupon on a brand new printer is acceptable. As I said in my previous post I printed 3-4 prints before this error occurred...

I got it working on Monday. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with tech support. I had to turn the printer off, take the cord out, put it cord back in, and turn it on so the printerhead moved partially th the middle. I then turned it off, removed the cable, and moved the printerhead movement the rest of the way. Then I took out all the inks and the printhead and carefully placed the printhead back in and all the inks. And it worked. The tech support guy told me I must have put the printer head in the wrong position. It's been working great since. 😄

Announcements