cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Pro 100 - How do I get the "back" printer to operate.

TheRogue1000
Contributor

Canon's calling the "top" printer the "rear" printer is utterly confusing.  In any case, I can' seem to get the printer to make use of the "back" printer, the part that prints up to 13x19.  Any help here?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

In truth, I can't recall and haven't found a way to check that. As I don't think I've ever seen an IJ Network link that I can remember, if I had to make a choice, I probably would have chosen Bonjour. No promises, though. <g> Btw, I did write to Canon Support and asked if there were any way I might get your software. No reply as yet.

View solution in original post

You said you've printed, so we can assume printer is installed correctly onto Mac.

I opened a document in Pages and selected print and get the same printer window as I posted earlier.

It happens automatically when I select print, with the same required to show detail as I discussed earlier.

The first thing you need to do is to get this window open in Pages. Then, if you can't get it in your graphics program its a program issue.

Fullscreen_10_24_15__8_03_PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

The print page for Pages is exactly the same as yours. The print page in Graphic Converter is a bit different, but I've just found a particular setting which will let me choose the manual printer. Yay! Thanks so much for your help. You're a *very* patient guy.

Glad to help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks. This did let me print the art piece, but I still can't seem to access the "manual" printer. I'm working with a Mac app called Graphic Converter and it doesn't seem to let me even see any choice between the two feed slots. As you can see from the instructions shown here, all it says is "Select the Manaul (sic) Feed Tray but there are no instructions as to where one would make a choice. We print and sell my wife's art, using both 100# card stock (beautiful results) and now trying hot press watercolour paper (mixed results).

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Are you connected by USB or wifi. Do you have Pages software.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

USB and yes, I have Pages.

Announcements