cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon CarePAK

SASB
Apprentice

Hello:

I'm considering purchasing the Pixma Pro-100.

I usually don't buy extended warranties, but I do have my phone with SquareTrade.  I saw that along with purchasing this printer, I can either get the SquareTrade or also that Cannon offers their 1 or 2yr CarePAK extended warranty. 

I don't know just what the squareTrade warranty covers in regard to this printer, but I did look into the CarePAK and it almost seems that everything is NOT covered under that plan. 

So, I was wondering, considering your experience with this Pixma Pro-100 printer, do I need any extended warranty at all, and if so, is SquareTrade or CarePak the better choice?

Thank you for your assistance!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Just go to the Square Trade site and see what the warranty covers. If you don't get answers there you can call them.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK.

Thank You

I'll go to square trade if I decide to purchase any extended warranty, however, as to my original post...

I'm particularly interested in hearing from owners of this product as to whether an extended warranty is really even necessary.

Thank You!

I purchased a Caoon CarePak when I purchased a Pixma9000. Never need service. When I purchased my Pixma Pro-100 I didn't purchase any extended warranty. Haven't had any problems yet; approaching two years.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Spoiler
That's helpful to know!  Thank You!
Announcements