cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get Print Studio Pro to show up on Photoshop

christinamsart
Contributor
I’ve been struggling for weeks to figure out why I can’t get print studio pro to show up in photoshop. I have a PC running windows 10. I downloaded print studio pro from canon (it detected the windows 10(64) version so that’s the one I did. It downloaded fine. I double clicked the compressed exe file and then download the plug in to my photoshop folder. But print studio won’t show up on photoshop after I open the app. Instructions say to go to File and then automate (I think that’s the name?) and it should say print studio pro but it doesn’t. I have tried opening the decompressed exe file that downloaded but nothing happens. What am o doing wrong? The more things I read the more confused I get.
I have the latest version of photoshop (Adobe cloud cc)
19 REPLIES 19

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

Try this:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169566

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

christinamsart
Contributor
I did this exactly but when I download it never loads and it never says “complete”.

@christinamsart wrote:
I did this exactly but when I download it never loads and it never says “complete”.

Maybe it's terminology, but you first need to download the installer from the Canon site to your computer. Then the download is over. It never says complete; you just have the app on your computer. 

Double-click the app and the software installs in a folder called Canon Utilities and a sub folder Print Studio Pro. 

Then you double-click the Plug-in Installer that is in the Print Studio Pro folder. 

Then you follow the steps in the link I provided. Be sure you select the plug-in folder in the Photoshop folder. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

christinamsart
Contributor
I get to step 4 on the directions you sent and then nothing happens. And when I try to search for canon/print studio pro nothing shows up. It’s like it mysteriously vanished. The plug in installer doesn’t show up anywhere. Does that make sense?

I'm not sure why it isn't working, but lets try this:

Can yo go to the folder where your Photoshop Application is?

Open that folder and locate the PlugIn foldedr:

Screenshot 2021-11-02 120627.jpg

Go to this links and copy the folder that says PSP.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIhOWXbaJW0BaFxhXg?e=v4mt7k

Paste that folder into the PlugIn folder and restart Ps.

That should give you PSP. If not you will need to call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON and see if they can assist you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

christinamsart
Contributor
Hey this did not work. I ended up calling Canon Support and they got onto my laptop to try and figure it out. They were unable to figure out the problem as we. The download installs but then once you click on the plug in to install iit nothing happens. It disappears. No errors appear or a screen saying download was complete. There is no print studio pro folder anywhere. We checked the canon utilities folder and nothing. He even tried downloading it differently and had a software guy there and still couldn’t figure out the issue. We think it may be a problem with Microsoft blocking that specific program but I tried calling the Microsoft support line and I can’t get a hold of a real person. They have me go to the website but I wouldn’t even know what to ask in their search bar? I don’t know what else to do at this point.

WEre you able to get to the Ps plugin folder?

If so, could you paste the folder I sent you into the plugin folder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

christinamsart
Contributor
I wasn’t sure how to paste it into the folder…. When I click on the link it shows the files in the folder

Right-copy on the folder I sent you. Then doubl-click the Ps plug-in folder to open it and then right click paste folder I sent you. 

Then you should see a folder labeled PSP in the Ps plug-in folder. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements