Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Bottom inch of print is not printing.

Hello there! I'm having an issue where once in a while when I print images I get a strange glitch on the bottom of the paper. For this specific instance I'm printing a 13x19 picture onto 13x19 paper using the Canon Print Studio photohop plugin. All the settings are correct, in fact I used the same settings as the last print that came out fine. This one, however, has this on the bottom:

Photo 1

There is also a small gap on the top. I'm using WiFi printing and this doesn't happen every time I go to print, but with the paper and ink usage it's worrysome. This has also happened on 8.5x11 prints. 

Any help would be appreciated!

-Derrick

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bottom inch of print is not printing.

How far is the printer from the wifi transmitter. Sometimes this can happen if signal gets interupted.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC
New Contributor

Maybe 15 feet. I should mention also this is the PRO-100.
Esteemed Contributor

Is it possible to get a long USB cable and direct connect?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

It would be a task given the placement and I would like to avoid it. This only happens once in a while so if it’s a downside of WiFi printing I can deal with it, I just wanted to see what the cause was if possible. If it starts happening more and more I might have to lift some carpet and run a wire though.
Esteemed Contributor

I think it might be wifi, but you could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON and chat with them.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH