cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Settings for Canon Pro-1000?

RichPate
Enthusiast

Just unboxed a new Pro-1000 and now in the process of setting up.

I have read posts and reviews about the Pro-1000 using a lot of ink due to the auto-maintenance routines it runs. Some settings are user adjustable, but then there is the risk of nozzle clogging if not routinely cleaned.

Anyone have experience with running a Pro-1000 w. settings to conserve ink, yet w/o being plagued w. ink clogs? Any suggestions for "best practices"? Thanks.

32 REPLIES 32

Storyteller7
Apprentice
Kind thanks! I just subscribed to jtoolman today and actually where I found out about the issue. He’s recommending a utility that will print something automatically every 50 hours but I’ll research further. Thanks again.

Storyteller7
Apprentice
Great stuff, Rich. I appreciate it. My plan has been to print larger prints on Canon and order smaller prints. Of course, this means printing less frequently and, therefore, more ink might be used just to power up each time. I’ll have to keep pondering. Thanks again. I am grateful.

Newsman
Contributor
According to Jose Rodriguez the Pro-1000 goes into a cleaning cycle every 60 hours. He recommends running a test print every 50 hours or so to preempt the cleaning cycle. The printer will use much less ink using this method. QImage will perform this function automatically for you.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements