cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternating between ' Printer not connected' and 'B200 error'

VickyB
Apprentice

About a year ago I had a persistent B200 error on my Canon Pixma Pro9000 mk 2.  I googled every bit of advice and eventually got it to work again. It took about two weeks of determined work but it  has been printing fine for the last year... until I upgraded to High Sierra on my iMac.

Since the upgrade the printer has alternated between being offline or the B200 error. If I fix the B200 error  then it says printer offline, even though clearly connected. The green and orange lights keep flashing alternitively  

I have uploaded the correct drivers and removed and reinstalled the printer, unplugged the power and USB overnight, opened the door when the carriage is moving, reset the printer, removed the printheads and cleaned them.

The odd thing is, if I keep fiddling with it and do the above things, it does start to work again!! It works perfectly well for a few days at a time, then just when I think all is OK, it gets stuck in the error mode again.  It usually happens when the ink needs changing or if the printer gets switched of or something new happens...

I love my printer. It's very frustrating as I know it works perfectly well. 

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements