cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5100 Error on Canon Pro-10 reset?

AcidRainbows
Apprentice

Hi, I recently got a canon pro-10, it was printing but now it has error 5100, this error happens even when the printer is connected to nothing, the light after it turns on and does all of it's maintence will start blinking 2 orange blinks. 

according to the manual 5100 means...

Two flashes Orange Lamp

Cancel printing, and turn off the printer. Then clear the jammed paper or protective material that is preventing the print head holder from moving, and turn on the printer again.

I've tried the following:

1. Check for Packing - Looked in feeder and ink cart
  2. An ink cartridge isn't seated properly.  -reseated the ink in the cart x3
  3. Paper jammed or there is an object inside the printer. - checked all visible sections I could wwith a flashlight
  4. The encoder film/strip cleaned. - Cleaned the clear strip inside the printer with  q-tip using 100% alcohol
  5. The printer reset. - Left the printer unplugged for 10 minutes then plugged it back in. (If there's a more advanced way to reset the printer I'd love to know)
  6. Reinstalled drivers- both the  XPS Driver and the Standard Driver.

The printer appears online and as if all ink is present. The printer head during maintence activities moves across seemingly fine? I can take video later if needed, and check if it's stopping before it moves all the way across. My theory is that the printer needs some form of hard reset, but I dont know how to do that. The printer displays as online, when attempting any form of printer maintence from the My Canon app, the 5100 error is given, and then the printer is marked as busy.  I wondered if there was a more serious way to reset the printer or something perhaps? I'm at a loss. 

Iprinter pro-10 series xps.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi AcidRainbows,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Xandreams
Apprentice

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? I'm having the same issue and was wondering if I am able to fix it myself or needs to be taken for service repairs.

Announcements