cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prograf pro 2000 startup after complete drain and lock for transport failed

rev
Apprentice

Hello all, 

After completely draining and readying my printer for transport per the canon manual, I am unable to refill/restart the unit. I have identified the code EC31 2F1C from the maintenance manual and began troubleshooting in service mode. I am working with the purge unit now, and I want to check the suctioning operation. My question is: The manual references a PLATE, PURGE CHECK service jig to be used when performing this test. Does anyone know what this is and where I can get one? Can I make it? I haven't been able to find any info. It appears to just be a cover that seats over the purge unit caps... ANY help would be appreciated... I had the printer insured for the move (overseas) but the insurance company refuses to pay for damages. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, rev!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  Canon USA has made two different imagePROGRAF models with the number 2000 in their name, specifically the imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 and the imagePROGRAF GP-2000.  

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hey Danny,

Sorry about that… I was unaware there were two 2000 models. Mine is the PROGRAF PRO 2000. 
Regards, Rev

I have edited the title to reflect the correct model

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Due to the hardware error has occurred, we would have to advise that you contact our phone support group at 1-800-423-2366.  A live agent will be able to go over your options to correct this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements