cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER Series Secure Print issues with Canon Generic Printers

8uddha5an
Apprentice
I have a print server that is hosting 5 printers, 4 are using generic print drivers (Canon Generic Plus UFR II 2.70) and 1 is using a driver specific to that model. My endpoints are mostly Windows 10 Pro computers, which have no issues sending the print jobs to the user's Secure Print job holding box to any of the printers.

But I am having issues with Windows 11 computers, not sending the jobs as a secure print. The print jobs come out normally when printing to 4 printers with generic drivers while the printer with the specific driver is working correctly.

Has anyone had this issue before?
4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, 8uddha5an!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer models you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Printers using the Canon Generic Plus URF II Driver v2.7.0

Canon iR-ADV C350P

Canon C5240

Canon 500IF

Canon iR-ADV 4551 III

Printer using its own specific driver
Canon ir-ADV 4245 - using a PCL6 driver

Thanks for letting us know what you've got.  While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Good afternoon,

After looking around for answers, it appears to be an issue with the Canon Generic URF II Driver being hosted on a server and pushed to a Windows 11 Computer.

Isn't this something that you'll need to investigate?

Announcements