cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print on Canon Prograf 2100 - PS Color Handling

Jprebla
Contributor

Hi,

I am unable to print on a new Canon Prograf 2100 when I set the Color Handling to "Photoshop Manages Colors." When I send the job, the printer lights up and it sounds like it's about to print, and then the job disappears. When I set the Color Handling to "Printer Manages Colors," it prints, but I am unable to specify an ICC printer profile. I am using Adobe Photoshop 2022, macOS Big Sur (11.6.2), and the downloaded Canon driver for the Prograf 2100.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you might have the AirPrint driver installed and not the Canon driver.

Try adding the printer again and wait for the Canon IJ Series version of the driver to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Jprebla
Contributor

Thanks for your response. I re-added the printer, re-downloaded the driver, and saw the AirPrint driver and removed that from the list (listed as Canon PRO 2100-2-AirPrint) so I wouldn't be confused. I'm still encountering the same problem. When Color Handling is set to "Photoshop Manages Colors," my computer sends the job and it disappears, but when it's set to "Printer Manages Colors" it prints. I'm making sure that the Media Type in the dialog box matches the media listed on the printer touch screen, as well as the size of the roll, etc. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Announcements