cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac ventura has no driver for Canon MG2522. Please help!

tjcsurf
Apprentice

i tried everything. The suggested driver in chat does not work either..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Please go into printers and scanners and remove the printer if it is listed then restart the computer. Once that is done, click HERE and make sure you download and install the MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.60.0.0  and ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0. 

After both files are installed, go back to printers and scanners and try to add the printer back. If the printer is still not detected, go back to the Canon website and change the OS to MacOS 12 and try the MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 driver. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

James_C

Hi, Tjcsurf!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). Additionally, how is the printer connected? That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE to search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a Mac Pro laptop. 2.6ghz 6 core intel  macOS 13.0 Ventura

tjcsurf
Apprentice

I was thinking I was the only one in the world with this problem

Hi,

Please go into printers and scanners and remove the printer if it is listed then restart the computer. Once that is done, click HERE and make sure you download and install the MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.60.0.0  and ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0. 

After both files are installed, go back to printers and scanners and try to add the printer back. If the printer is still not detected, go back to the Canon website and change the OS to MacOS 12 and try the MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 driver. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The MG2522/MG2525 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.60.0 could not be found on any of the Mac systems listed in dropdown menu.  I also tried and retried the Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 driver and installation always failedl. 

Thank you Arthur! You have saved the day!

tjcsurf
Apprentice

Thank You Arthur!  THIS WAS THE CURE!  

It' nice to get a reply and it work in this tech world.

Announcements