cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser Printer LBP6020W does not work with new Router

JohnR
Contributor

I just purchased a new wifi6 router.   After connecting my printer to the router (I've used both WPS and the old USB cable method) when I go to print the printer reports that it is in an "error" state.   However sometimes it will print 5+minutes later.

I know the drivers are installed properly because I can switch back to my old router (10years old) and the printer works fine.

So clearly there is an incompatibility between the printer and the router.   I purchased this printer in 2015.  I could find no firmware updates available that might solve this issue.

Anybody else have this issue?

Next step is to toss it and purchase a Brother printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JohnR
Contributor

I found the issue.    It seems the older LBP6030W does not like "Auto" wifi channel operation.  Once I set the router 2.4ghz wifi channel to a specific channel (11) the printer was fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

If your router is ONLY WiFi 6, not backward compatible with earlier WiFi protocols, the printer, whether Canon, Brother, or any other brand, may not be able to communicate with it. It's not the printer's fault. It's "progress". A new Canon model could be the answer as well as a new Brother.  Do some research on ANY printer you consider to make sure it is WiFi 6 compatible.

JohnR
Contributor

I found the issue.    It seems the older LBP6030W does not like "Auto" wifi channel operation.  Once I set the router 2.4ghz wifi channel to a specific channel (11) the printer was fine.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Good work!

Announcements