cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ix6820 not seen network with new Windows 11 computer but seen with other computers on network

hodgerjr
Apprentice

Just bought a new PC with windows 11.  The ix682 (owned for years) is on the network and detected by two other PC's one with WIN10 and another that originally had WIN10 but was upgraded to WIN11   Both computers can print using the iX6820 with no problems. In trying to install the printer on the new computer, it was not detected.  I tried the setup program several times but no success even when I tried a manual install. However, in the WIN11printer settings screen of the new computer, two ix6280's are shown: Canon iX series (originial 1) and iX6800 series_name.  Both listings state Driver is unavailable.  One listing has a link to find drivers which is to a Microsoft web page.  Neither listing has a greater than sign on the right so that I can't open up the settings or remove the printer.  

I'd appreciate any help on this as I am stuck with not  being able to install the printer and not being able to remove the listings.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

hodgerjr
Apprentice

I don't know how I did it but the problem is resolved.

The only thing remaining is how to delete the iX printers that are listed but not connected to the network.

Hi,

Please open the control panel on your computer and select view devices and printers. Once opened, the printer should be listed with a  green checkmark. The other copies of the printer icon can be removed. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 111158.jpg

Right-click the unwanted devices and select Remove.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

The problem that I am having is that two of the Canon iX6800 series are listed but there is not ">" on the right to click to remove.  These two printers are not displayed on the classic control panel devices, printers.

hodgerjr_0-1683577156381.png

Just went through this myself, Uninstall all canon printer related things, connect your printer to you wifi (Hope you have a wps button) and manually add the printer through the windows settings. dont use the canon apps, they do not function on windows 11. it should come up as "Canon iX6800 series WS"

click here to view the gallery
Announcements