cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF TA-20 Not Recognized by IJ Network tool

jessicab29
Apprentice

I have a imagePROGRAF TA-20 connected to my wireless router. I'm running macos 10.15.1 and cannot get the Canon IJ Network tool to find the printer.

I have removed and re-downloaded the printer driver and the network tool. My firmware is up-to-date. I have connected via USB and Direct Connect in addition to WiFi and still cannot get the Network tool to recognize the printer.

I have another Canon printer (iX6800) that it picks up just fine.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jessicab29,

The IJ Network Tool that your PIXMA iX6820 uses is not compatbile with the imagePROGRAF TA-20.

Have you downloaded and installed the CUPS Printer Drievr?  If not, is it available for download here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Once the CUPS Printer Driver has been downloaded and installed, you can add the printer:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click the [+] in the lower left and then click on Add printer or scanner.  The Add window will appear.

4. Click 1 time on the imagePROGRAF TA-20 when it appears.

5.  At the bottom, next to "Use", please select imagePROGRAF TA-20, not Airprint or Secure Airprint.

6.  Click the Add button.

Your imagePROGRAF TA-20 will install.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.  A Technical Support Representative will assist you with your imagePROGRAF TA-20 via phone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the information. I've done as you describe below and can add the printer—and yes, I'm using the CUPS Driver. But my only option in adding the printer is the Bonjour connection. Is it not possible to connect to this printer via IJ Network (see photo 1)?  

I ask because this is a known issue with printers like the Pro-10, I don't think the driver is actually installing the ICC profiles for Canon paper when I connect this way. Here is a list of the profiles I see in Photoshop (photo 2 below). As you can see I have other Canon profiles, but none for the TA-20. I was hoping that connecting via IJ network would install the printer correctly and allow me to print with Photoshop managing the colors, but this doens't seem possible if I can't access the canon paper ICC profiles. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 8.35.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 8.50.12 AM.png

Announcements