cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 IJ Printer Utility Says "There is no printer available"

dfikes
Apprentice

ImagePROGRAF PRO 300 Printer driver and Printer Utility app Mac OS Ventura 13.1

Been having issue with the Canon IJ Printer Utility2. Keep getting message "There is no printer available.". I have no issues with Professional Print & Layout, or other Canon Apps. It seems to have installed to: Macintosh HD>Library>Printers>Canon>BJPrinter>Utilities (Not sure if this is where it was supposed to go). Downloaded and installed latest: PRO-300 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.24.30.0.0 (Mac) with same results. Found the issue when trying to add custom paper to printer/driver. The printer is in "Printers & Scanners" in system settings. Thank you in advance for  any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a Pro-100, so may not be the same process, but I access printer utility as described here for macOS 10.15.

Canon Knowledge Base - Use the Canon IJ Printer Utility to Manage Your Printer From a Mac

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a Pro-100, so may not be the same process, but I access printer utility as described here for macOS 10.15.

Canon Knowledge Base - Use the Canon IJ Printer Utility to Manage Your Printer From a Mac

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That did help me identify the cause of the issue: it's using an AirPrint driver (possibly from previous Canon MG series printer). I removed old printer and the Pro 300, ran the CUPS driver installer, then added the Pro 300 back in and still have same issue of AirPrint driver. Not sure how to get rid of the AirPrint driver? 

Actually, finally figured it out- went through the routine again of removing printer, then adding again after installing CUPS driver. Make sure to select proper printer in "Use" field of add printer dialog- missed it first time through. Thank you Jrhoffman75!

Announcements