cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP7110Cw Won't Work Via Wi-Fi, Only USB After macOS Upgrades

endymionnn
Apprentice

Hello, 

My LBP7110CW used to work fine over wifi, after a system upgrade to macOS Monterey on one machine and macOS Ventura on another it stopped printing over wifi on both. I used the wifi utility to reconfigure it and reconnect to wifi and reinstalled the latest drivers. However, when installing the printer is only being recognized as LBP7110C (without the W) and only prints via USB now on both machines. 

When I print the status page by pressing the button on the printer it shows that it is connected to the right network, has an IP address and there are no errors, with wireless LAN status "Normal". Spent a day searching the internet but couldn't find anything to make it recognized as wireless anymore. Tried reinstalling the driver using the "web mode" by connecting to a specific IP address but it says that communication to the printer cannot be established.  Can anyone please help as using the cable is extremely inconvenient with my wife and I both using Macbooks air and pro and really want to get back to wireless printing. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Endymionnn,

If the printer has a valid IP address on the network, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In the printer list, you can click on the + at the bottom of the list. You can check the list to see if the network option for the printer appears.

If the printer does not appear in the list, you can try opening a web page and clearing out the address bar. You can try entering the printer's IP address to see if you can log in to the printer's remote UI. If you are unable to access the remote UI, you can try unplugging your router for 5 seconds and checking if the printer and Mac are on the same network.

If they are on the same network and you can't access the remote UI, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 to check what might be blocking the network connection.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements