cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP6230dw - Two Identical Printers on Same Network

MCVC
Apprentice

Is it possible to have 2 identical printers on the same wireless network? If so, how to go about connecting them. The clinic I work for has 1 printer downstairs and we have one new one in the office upstairs. I tried to set it up but I connected to the printer downstairs.

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have as well as the operating system on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

MCVC
Apprentice

Printer: imageClass lbp6230dw, Operating System: Windows 11

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello MCVC,

You can have two identical printers on the same network. Each printer will have a specific IP and Mac address that will tell them apart. To avoid any confusion, you can also perform the setup for the new printer while the other LBP6230 is turned off.

If your wireless router has a WPS button on it for connecting new devices, you can try using the steps below to try connecting the printer.

1. Turn the printer on and wait about 20 seconds for the startup to complete.
  2. Hold down the wifi button on the front of the printer until the wifi indicator light next to it starts to flash and then let go.
  3. Walk over to your wireless router and press the WPS button. You will have a little less than 2 minutes to make it to the router and press the WPS button. If you are not familiar with your WPS button location or settings, I would suggest checking the router manual before trying the WPS setup.
  4. If the wifi indicator light turns solid, it will me it connected/if the light turns off, the connection failed. If the connection failed, you can try unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in if the. Once the network is back up, you can try the process again.
  5. If the wifi light turns solid, you can run the setup disc/install the recommended driver download and select the network option in the setup.

If your router does not have a WPS button on it, you can perform the wireless setup by performing the software setup on the computer and then connecting the printer to the computer with a USB cable. You can view the steps for the USB network setup using the link HERE.

Announcements