cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6030w won't connect to new wifi

joni10
Apprentice

I am using a Mac (version 12.5.1 Monterey). I recently got a new internet service and my printer will not disconnect from the old wifi. I have uninstalled the printer, updated the drivers and try to reinstall the printer. It will not connect to the new wifi OR when it's hardwired.

The error says the access point could not be found and the wifi information is listed as our old wifi which I do not have access to anymore.

Anyone have a suggestion? I have updated the computer, went through every FAQ.... the printer will not show up at all when I click 'add printer' even when it's hardwired.

I've never had this happen before. It's for the lbp6030w

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Joni10,

With the LBP6030w, you won't need to disconnect the printer from the old network to connect the printer to a new network. Once you perform the network setup and the printer successfully connects to a new network, the settings will change.

If your new wireless router has a WPS button on it for connecting new devices, you can try using the steps below to try connecting the printer.

1. Turn the printer on and wait about 20 seconds for the startup to complete.
  2. Hold down the wifi button on the front of the printer until the wifi indicator light next to it starts to flash and then let go.
  3. Walk over to your wireless router and press the WPS button. You will have a little less than 2 minutes to make it to the router and press the WPS button. If you are not familiar with your WPS button location or settings, I would suggest checking the router manual before trying the WPS setup.
  4. If the Wifi indicator light turns solid, it will me it connected/if the light turns off, the connection failed. If the connection failed, you can try unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in if the. Once the network is back up, you can try the process again.

If your router does not have a WPS button on it, you would need to try the setup from the computer while the printer is connected to the Mac via USB. If the add a printer window does not show a connection, the Mac does not see a cable connection between the two devices. You can try another USB cable or check with Apple to see if your current Mac supports the cable connection or if you need an adapter. The printer usually uses a standard A to B USB cable.

Announcements