cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my Pixma MX410 work wirelessly? Blue light is on, but computer says it's offline.

egghead8488
Apprentice

I have repeatedly used the "easy setup" to get the printer on the network. sometimes it will work, but most of the time I am getting an error message that says that my printer is offline. It works fine if I connect by USB, but I bought it so I wouldn't HAVE to connect with a cord. I wanted a WIRELESS printer.

36 REPLIES 36

It eventually connected and worked for a few days....now....it's offline and won't reconnect....I have followed all the instrustions given.  It seems like a signigicant issue with the computer given the amount of posts.

Zykonaut
Apprentice

Having the exact same problem with my MG5350. Thing is it was working earlier wirelessly and then I restarted my laptop and now it just says it is offline, even though the printer is on and connected to the wi-fi. I am running Windows 7. What I don't get is that it was working and now it's not?

cknoerzer
Apprentice

I had the same issue and figured it out-for me at least! I had to figure it out myself because the admin just posting a link wasnt help at all.

If you want it to be wireless, it cant be plugged into a computer. It can't work wired and wireless at the same time. So when you want to print wireless, unplug it from a desktop (or other computer) if it is in one, turn it back off and then on, and then the wireless should reconnect automatically. 

stuartjames1
Apprentice

I have a MX475 and it has been a nightmare. Every so offten it takes it's self offline, and I have extream difficulty getting it to find my router to the point where I have had to uninstall the whole software and start again. Today that has also failed to work. I have tried everyting you could think of, it finds my router network but wont recognise the pass phrase. I have only owned the machine for a few months , unfortunatly I cant find the receipt for a refund so the machine is going in the bin. Back to EPSON.

rstbear
Apprentice

I follow thru menu settings and my mx410 wifi will not activate / blue light turn on. What am I missing?

Livewire
Apprentice

I've been having this problem for a good year or more now.  I've tried every suggestion I've come accross including driver update on my computers and firmware updates on the printer.  When the problem first started hapening even connecting it directly to my laptop or my desktop would not work.  The computers could see the printer but said it was offline.  I was able to get my desktop going while plugged in but not my laptop.  Got a new laptop and it connected!  It connected the first few times and then stopped again. Now the fax is not wanting to fax.  Of course all these problems started RIGHT after putting in band new ink cartriges not when ink is low because that is just my luck 😉
I gave up and bought a cheap hp printer but miss the print quality of my cannon and would like to get it working.  It was only about a year old when it started having connection problems.

Hi Livewire!

If you haven't already, we suggest reaching out to our friendly, US-based technical support team for troubleshooting. They should be able to help you narrow down what might be causing the issue to keep your printer online and connected to your network. Our printer team is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET), excluding holidays. 

Announcements